The heart of London's West End
The Advice Centre
A Good Night Out!Central Westminster Police Community Consultative Group, Licensing Working Party Report on Licensing. A Good Night Out, WCC maintain the document and it can be viewed here on their site.
Turn it Down!Noise pollution can be a serious problem for some of Covent Gardens residents. Read our guide on how to tackle the problem. CGCA Noise advice
Fire safetyArticles written by Graham Ellis, the station commander of Soho Fire Station.
Fire safety advice for restaurants
Fire safety advice for the home.
Don't Come Home to a Fire - safety advice during holidays.
Counselling and Psychotherapy.Some questions answered regarding Chelsea and Westminster Counselling and Psychotherapy
Local Councillors & MP'sFind out who your local representatives are here
For residents in the Westminster part of Covent Garden:
If you cannot go to your local CAB, you can contact them by email;
email@example.com: Pimlico (main CAB for Westminster part of Covent Garden)
firstname.lastname@example.org: Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
- Further help and advice from other sources.
- http://www.adviceguide.org.uk: CAB
- http://www.westminster.gov.uk/ep/noise/noise.htm: Westminster City Council Noise Team
- http://www.environment.detr.gov.uk/airq/aqinfo.htm:Air quality information : Department of Transport, Environment & The Regions.
- http://www.waverley.gov.uk/environment/noise2.htm#ADDITIONAL NOISE CONTROLS: Useful pages of common sense advice from Waverley Borough Council.
- http://www.lawrights.co.uk/law-rights/nn2.html#Noise: Lawrights: how to deal with nuisance neighbours
- http://www3.mistral.co.uk/cleanair/leaf121.htm: National Society for Clean Air & Environmental Protection.
- http://www.london-central.businesslink.co.uk: Essential small-business info
- http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk: Trading Standards
- http://www.coe.fr: Council of Europe
- http://184.108.40.206/eng/general.htm: European Court of Human Rights
- http://www.dhcour.coe.fr/hudoc: Human Rights documentation
- http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk: check on company directors, etc
- http://www.camden.gov.uk/green: ‘Green’ advice from Camden & air pollution info
- http://www.tagish.co.uk: Directory of Information Sources in the UK
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/archive/neighbours/behave.shtml: legal rights when in dispute with neighbours
- http://www.citizen21.org.uk: on-line citizenship resource for educators, especially those working with young people
- http://www.starthere.org: information or support to help you, or the person you are caring for, to cope with illness, disability or old age
- http://www.doingyourbit.org.uk: the easy things we can all do to protect and improve our environment, and save money
- http://www.pedestrians.org.uk: Pedestrians Association - Please tell them about a place you use regularly to cross the road, which you would like to nominate as the WORST CROSSING in the UK
- http://www.est.org.uk: energy savings trust
- http://www.camden.gov.uk/camden/working/data/csb_ind.htm: info for businesses in Camden, including details of commercial property
- http://www.cab.1uk.com: Citizen Advice Bureaux in Westminster
- Freelawyer.co.uk: Judicium, New Premier House, 150 Southampton Row. Freelawyer provides free case-specific information on 000's of legal problems, and then directs the user to local specialist law firms.